The Sylvia Rivera Law Project Collective is thrilled to celebrate our 7th Annual Small Works for Big Change Benefit Art Event
Saturday, February 25th, 2012 at Jack Studios 6-9PM. *THE BUILDING IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE
**BIDDING ENDS AT 8PM SHARP**
- MCs Glenn Marla & Kit Yan
- Featuring performances by Alicia Ohs as Madame Wantan, Lana Carroll of The Low and The Lonesome, & Rude Mechanical Orchestra!
- Music by DJ Shomi Noise
- Fabulous art (see Artist List below) and
- Fantastic raffle prizes such as:
- An Ipod touch 8G 4th generation
- A delicious dinner for 4 by Berlin Reed
- A hair cut from Arrojo Studio
- 2 hour vegan cooking lesson from Carmichael Monaco
- Means of Apparel Production t-shirts
- 4 hour Word Press Lesson with Collect Pond Creativefor a person or small group
- Books from Tristan Taormino, Morty Diamond, NYU and Feminist Press
- A bagel brunch for 10 people from ‘bagel boy’s’ bagel store.
- 6 acupuncture treatments at Brooklyn Open Acupuncture
- SRLP thanks our generous In-Kind Donors: All the fabulous contributing artists (see list below), ARTFORUM, Asahi Breweries, Browning Frames, 14 Street Framing Gallery, Izze Sparkling Juice, Visual AIDS, Jack Studios, Vic’s Bagel Bar, Tekserve, Arrojo Studio, Means of Apparel Production, Collect Pond Creative, Feminist Press, NYU Press, Tristan Taormino, Morty Diamond, Carmichael Monaco, Berlin Reed, Hey Queen, Brooklyn Open Acupuncture and many more.
PLUS! OFFICIAL AFTER-PARTY: HEY QUEEN!
Brought to you by the fine folks at HEY QUEEN! @ Public Assembly, 10PM-4AM. ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT SRLPwith…
PERFORMANCES BY: ROCCO KATASTROPHE; BRYN KELLY; GOGO: AMELIA & TOPHER; DJs: AK RIGHT & NOLITA SELECTOR; PHOTOS: AMOS MAC
Cover: $5 – $10 sliding scale.
–> SMALL WORKS BIG CHANGE Facebook Event Page
CONTRIBUTING ARTIST LIST (list in formation)
Danielle Abrams, Shana Agid, Marina Ancona, Felipe Baeza, m.e. barrett, Al Benkin, Jason Bishop, Nayland Blake, Sarah Jenny Bleviss, Eli Brown, Elijah Burgher, Ricardo Carranza, Johnny Cash, Patty Chang,Yvette Choy, Yve Laris Cohen, Moyra Davey, Avram Finkelstein, Baseera Khan Fox, Lila Freeman, Blaise Garber, Félix E. Gardón, Andrea Geyer, Jonah Groeneboer,Morgan Hart, Carrie Hawks, Sharon Hayes,Vanessa Huang, Brian Healey, Katherine Hubbard, Kate Huh, Ren-Yo Hwang, Xylor Jane, Stacie Joy, Leeroy Kun Young Kang, Lin plus Lam, Candice Lin, Syd London, Marion Love, Amos Mac, Tara Mateik, Park McArthur, RJ Messineo, Ulrike Mueller, Em North, Laimah Osman, Thomasin Parnes, Emmet Phipps,Genesis BREYER P-ORRIDGE, R.H. Quaytman, Roberta Rivera, Cristy C. Road, LJ Roberts, Jacob Robichaux, Guadalupe Rosales, Trina Rose, Kjerstin Rossi, Emily Roysdon, Cooper Sabatino, Shaylana,Amy Sillman, Jeannie Simms, Jason Simon, Buzz Slutzky, Tuesday Smillie, Celeste Dupuy-Spencer, Sarinya Srisakul, Karen Stevenson, Ginger Brooks Takahashi, Martyn Thompson, Lan Tuazon, Sophia Wallace,Rachael Warner, Faith Wilding, Sasha Wortzel, Delia Yarrow, Quito Ziegler.
SW4BC has been a wonderful success story for SRLP: in the past 6 years, over 50 organizing host committee members and more than 200 progressive, transgressive, and cutting-edge artists have generously donated over 300 visionary works of art! This vibrant annual celebration reflects the radical spirit of SRLP, as well as the experimental energy of some of New York’s most innovative established and emerging contemporary artists. 100% of the event’s proceeds will benefit SRLP’s crucial work for gender self-determination. The event is free to the public, and will including a silent auction with affordable price points beginning at $10, featuring photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, textile pieces and mixed media installations.
Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Jack Studios – 601 W 26th St, 12th Floor. NYC
601 W 26th St
New York, NY