Prisoner Advisory Committee (PAC)
We believe that storytelling is a revolutionary act and we have created this space to share the stories of our PAC members with no censorship or editing (excluding minor name changes to keep identities confidential, where necessary).
The experiences of incarcerated transgender, intersex and gender non-conforming people make one point very clear: prisons are not supposed to be a place where we survive. SRLP’s Prisoner Advisory Committee (PAC) is a tool for community building within the prison system. A tool to ensure that our people survive on the inside and their stories are shared on the outside. For more information about the role of PAC in the SRLP collective, go here.
News about PAC and blog posts from PAC members
- Voices against bullying: Laverne Cox and PAC member Laura Nicole Campbell (12/5/2013)
- PAC Members show support for Chelsea Manning (11/12/2013)
- New GID Policy for NYS Prisons, Yet Healthcare Still Inaccessible (11/12/2013)
- Introducing the Prisoner Advisory Committee Blog! (11/12/2013)
- Prisoner Advisory Committee Postcard Party Pictures! (9/30/2013)
- OITNB’s Laverne Cox mentions SRLP in new interview in The Nation (9/9/2013)
- In Solidarity (8/18/2012)