Tonight, November 18, 2014, we will celebrate a group of incredible organizers and attorneys. For more information and to register, visit http://srlp.org/awards2014.
- Judith Goldiner, Belkys Garcia, Kim Forte, Sumani Lanka, and Rebecca Novick – The Legal Aid Society
- Mary Eaton – Willkie Farr and Gallagher LLP & Megan Hogan – Medicaid Advocate
- Elliott Fukui & Tanya Walker – TransJustice of the Audre Lorde Project
- Julian Padilla – Make the Road NY
- Dani Heffernan, Chris Carlon, & Tiq Milan – GLAAD
- Pooja Gehi & Reina Gossett – SRLP
Matthew Carmody Fellowship: John Skwiersky
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Time: 6 PM – 8 PM
Location: 3 Park Avenue (on the corner of 33rd St), 29th Floor, New York City. The building is elevator accessible.
Directions: Take the 6 to 33rd Street or the B/D/F/M/N/Q/R to 34th Street/Herald Square and walk 3 blocks east to Park Avenue.
English-Spanish interpretation will be provided during the program.
MC’d by Miasha Forbes, SRLP Collective Member
Music by DJ I$LA
Hors d’oeuvres by Afsari Jahan of Émigré Gourmet and open bar with drinks from Gotham Wines & Liquors and Brooklyn Brewery.
Ticket purchases (and donations from those who cannot attend) will make it possible for us to win access to Medicaid coverage so that low-income trans people and trans people of color can take care of our health and participate fully in our lives.
For more information and to register, visit http://srlp.org/awards2014. Ticket prices are on a sliding scale, and all are welcome to register and attend. Check out photos of our honorees on Facebook, and invite your friends!